
Ike blew through Indiana on Sunday hard and mean with winds
still sustained at a Category 1 Hurricane or so we heard.
Mom and Daddy lost 4 trees (uprooted right out of the ground)
all of which were away from the house,
fortunately...Thank God. They're still without power though
as the tree above hit their incoming electricity pole.
They're really roughin' it...I believe they're heating water
on the grill for coffee and such. A lot of Scott County is without
power. Schools are out and businesses are closed. It's bad enough
here...can't imagine what it must be like on the gulf coast.
Our back yard got blown around pretty bad. Winds blew the
tiles right out of the patio table. We had a little lamp break
but weren't much worse for the wear. I managed to cut my hand
picking up glass...so dumb...but I'm fine. We no like Ike!


No comments:
Post a Comment