Friday, September 05, 2008

Nana's Birthday

So, Nell's (momma's) birthday rolls around and
we girls decide to take her and Daddy to dinner, just
the five of us, to Ruth's Chris.
It was yum and really nice to be together with
the original fab five. The food was super and
The Riesling...was to die for.


Daddy wouldn't get a Kobe Steak ($75 ala carte, ouch)
but I think everyone was pleased with their choices...
my scallops and Mahi-Mahi was fantastic. Did I mention
that the Riesling was out of this world?
(Listen, I said it about bottle #1 so I HAD to say it about
bottle #2...)



Momma wanted us dressed up and matchy
which about sent K and Daddy into orbit but
they pulled it together for the birthday girl.
K even wore heels post knee surgery.
We looked cute. OH, and I had these gorgeous
red heels. -Can't see them in the dumb picture...
Shelby said that they were "gangsta" whatever
that means. She stole em' right off me when
we got back to try them on herself and so
I figure it means that she like them.


Richard and Nellie Needler
AKA
John and Marsha (when dressed up and acting lovey...you know...
from old movies when they say in a breathy, romantic voice,
"Oh, John!" "Marsha, what fools we've been!"
and Marsha bends one heeled leg up in the air as they
passionately embrace.)

Vic and Ronnie (for when they're hot-roddin' in the
convertible or the caddie...yes, they have both.)

Richard Needler's Little Brats
(although, I hear that the least bratty one is on the right.)

By the way, It really ZINGS me off that the only way that I'm as
tall as K requires me to wear four inch heels...SO not fair.


Oh, and the third bottle of Riesling was as super as
the first two. Were we celebrating The Nell Person
or what? Whooo, Hoooo!

No comments: