Thursday, July 30, 2009

Catastrophic-Disaster Bread


Zucchini in the garden EVERYWHERE forcing me to cook.
In the last two days we've had marinara sauce with zucchini,
scrambled eggs & ham with zucchini,
and zucchini bread...SORT OF.

Above is a photo of my baker's daughter shame...
It was supposed to be an infallible recipe...YEAH, RIGHT.
It's an expensive loaf pan that supposed to turn out
BEU-OOO-TIFUL magazine cover worthy
loaves of bread...uhm, WHATEVER!

Today, I made
Sticky-Fall-Apart-Catastrophic-Adhered Permanently
to-the-Pan-Bubble-Over-in-the-Oven
Smoke-up-the-House-and-Pert-Near
Burn-it-Down-Natural-Disaster-Bread.

You want the recipe?

It's ugly and YUMMY and comes with TWO ridiculously
impossible clean up chores.

The doors are all open RIGHT NOW to clear
out the smoke. I'm cleaning the oven
which keeps catching on fire a little bit and
all of my pot-holders look like they've been
cemented together with brown goo.

"Fun"...it's how we do it at The Beautiful Mess.

Can somebody come save me from my
bounty of zucchini? Please?

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Take it to church and give it to Jane. Tell her I told you to. *evil grin*

Seriously I love the stuff. And it's coming out my ears. Why or why do I never learn to plant just one. *sigh*

You can shred it and freeze it for -you know- future batches of zucchini bread. :)

Marley's Mama said...

Hilarious!!! Been there, done that!!

All My Monkeys said...

I vaguely remember a similar incident with banana bread. The bubbling up and smoking part. No fire, though. As for the stick in the pan trauma... Wilton's Cake Release. Waaaaay better than any sort of thing Pam or Cris&co has to offer. I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!