Friday, August 21, 2009

THAT face...

SO, he wants to wash dishes
and for once there was no earthly reason
to say no. FOR ONCE, I wasn't too busy
and...we caught the moment.

I hate to think of all the times that I probably
miss opportunities to freeze a moment.
I don't EVER want to forget this time,
these moments, THIS face.

The baby-ness is almost gone...ALMOST...
but there are still glimpses and they are so precious,
so fleeting. I will MISS this.

The curve of a chubby cheek, sun bouncing off
bed-tousled curls, rambunctiously rotten smirks that
are a seriously reliable indicator of impending mischief,
the slowly fading fact that, right now, momma is his best girl,
and the look he gets when he learns or discovers...

OH, my heart...it jumps then explodes with JOY.

THAT face...it helps light my soul.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Smooch him for me, will ya? I love that little guy almost as much as my own.