Sunday, October 11, 2009

I wonder what she is reading...


Perhaps she is reading a poem she wrote,
or a note from a sweetheart. Maybe it is a prayer
that she is trying to commit to memory.

Whatever it is, it seems to be important to her as
she is lingering over it...studying it.

The tilt of her head and the posture of her
shoulders appears heavy with lament.
The paper looks to be brittle and yellow with age.
Maybe she's reading a letter that's not hers
that reveals some old secret not meant for her.

I don't know for sure but I am INTRIGUED.
This photograph begins to tell a story and
pulls you in. That's the magic of it...

2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh that is so beautiful! I love the flowers and the letter. I think you are right, might not be hers....did you take that picture?

Jeri said...

i wish i had taken it. i need to cite the source if i can ever find it again...