I unwittingly planted TWO trap crops for Japanese Beetles.
DAMN.
FOR YEARS, I carefully researched EVERYTHING I planted to
avoid just this scenario.
This year, I was too busy and what did I do?
I messed up.
WELL...they're not gonna take me or my peas or my beans!
If I have to collect they're little carcasses, put them in my blender
and concoct a deterrent spray from that, I will.
(yes, this is one of the ways to alleviate their infestation)
I'm going with Enviromesh Vegetable Netting and Neem Oil.
Provided, of course, that I can FIND either of them.
Apparently you hafta live in the United Kingdom
to find Enviromesh.
I'm REALLY trying to be organic here but its not easy.
(Oh, don't tell me soap spray either!)
I WANT to blast the buggers with SEVIN
but that's bad...SOOO bad. I won't do it. I WON'T!
I need chickens. I want these.
Chickens eat Japanese Beetles.
Good chickens. Beetles Bad.

DAMN.
FOR YEARS, I carefully researched EVERYTHING I planted to
avoid just this scenario.
This year, I was too busy and what did I do?
I messed up.
WELL...they're not gonna take me or my peas or my beans!
If I have to collect they're little carcasses, put them in my blender
and concoct a deterrent spray from that, I will.
(yes, this is one of the ways to alleviate their infestation)
I'm going with Enviromesh Vegetable Netting and Neem Oil.
Provided, of course, that I can FIND either of them.
Apparently you hafta live in the United Kingdom
to find Enviromesh.
I'm REALLY trying to be organic here but its not easy.
(Oh, don't tell me soap spray either!)
I WANT to blast the buggers with SEVIN
but that's bad...SOOO bad. I won't do it. I WON'T!
I need chickens. I want these.
Chickens eat Japanese Beetles.
Good chickens. Beetles Bad.



2 comments:
I just found some Neem oil at Nature's Market. I'm putting it on my kids though, not the plants. I wonder if they make it different for those....
you can also use a mild solution of vinegar and water. Can you believe...Michael Jackson is dead????!!!!
Post a Comment