and process phonics (just like his dad).
He learned letter sounds about the same
time that he learned his ABC's and
frankly, has been pre-reading for a few
months now. BUT yesterday we decided
to apply this ability to a rookie reader book
with great results. Isaac read his first book!
After the first time through, he had
it memorized which kept him from looking carefully
at the words but he was SO JAZZED that he could
read. This after weeks and weeks of being frustrated that
he could not read the "books with no pictures in them"
like the rest of us. I think he's resigned himself that,
for now, his books will continue to have pictures.
I LOVE that he wants to read. It must be frustrating
to see Eli and I sit for long periods of time with
our noses in a book that does not have any pictures
and wonder where we've slipped of to and
why can't he come along. He's eager to
be able to disappear into the new world of a book.
He recognizes the magic, comfort and beauty of
them already. I think that's wholly AWESOME.
CONGRATS iSaAC! Welcome to the book club!
He learned letter sounds about the same
time that he learned his ABC's and
frankly, has been pre-reading for a few
months now. BUT yesterday we decided
to apply this ability to a rookie reader book
with great results. Isaac read his first book!
After the first time through, he had
it memorized which kept him from looking carefully
at the words but he was SO JAZZED that he could
read. This after weeks and weeks of being frustrated that
he could not read the "books with no pictures in them"
like the rest of us. I think he's resigned himself that,
for now, his books will continue to have pictures.
I LOVE that he wants to read. It must be frustrating
to see Eli and I sit for long periods of time with
our noses in a book that does not have any pictures
and wonder where we've slipped of to and
why can't he come along. He's eager to
be able to disappear into the new world of a book.
He recognizes the magic, comfort and beauty of
them already. I think that's wholly AWESOME.
CONGRATS iSaAC! Welcome to the book club!



1 comment:
GREAT JOB, ISSAC!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
Post a Comment