Thursday, May 28, 2009

DuUUUUUde, I got it!


Isaac is lying in bed this morning...I thought he was still asleep.
I, myself, had just woke up. I flipped on the tv for the news
and then go to the bathroom which is just a short jaunt
down a short hall from the boys' bedroom (just don't ask
why we were ALL sleeping in there last night. I SAID don't!).
So...I'm still within hearing distance of the bedroom and
I hear not the news but stinkin' Dora the Explorer.

NOW, you probably fall in one of a few categories:
1) you and your children LOVE Dora.
2) you DESPISE Dora but your children worship her.
3) your entire family is quite over anything Dora (that's be us).
4) you're one of those families who don't ever let your kids watch tv
and don't even know who Dora is.

SO...back to my anti-climatic story
In the bathroom I hear Dora and Boots in a map segment...

Map, "I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map,
I'm the maaapP!"

Isaac apparently on the cusp of consciousness, "Ugh."
Map, "River, Valley, Big Blue Mountain"
Isaac with gusto, "UGH!"
Map, "River, Valley, Big Blue Mountain"
Isaac, "DuUUUUddde, I get it..."
Map, "River, Valley, Big Blue Mountain"
Isaac, "UGGGGGHHHHH!"
Map, "River, Valley, Big Blue Mountain"
Isaac, "Shut-up (a no-no word) already!"
Me, giggling in the bathroom, "Hey Isaac, where's Dora going?"
Me, "River, Valley, and (pause for increased tortuous effect)..."
Isaac, "MoOOOOM! UggGHHHH!"

Well...I laughed...and there's not a rule or anything about
blogging boring stuff.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry... this story just reminded me of a story Kristen was telling about Zoe... "What the hell, Dora!" ;0 Do you know the story?!! LOL!!!